Credit cards often get a bad rap because of irresponsible spending. It’s true that credit cards bills can consume your finances and become a burden. That’s why it’s so important to be responsible with your spending and only use credit for items that you have the cash for.
If you are a responsible credit card user, there are rewards that you can take advantage of just by using your credit card on everyday items. Don’t sign up for a general credit card that has no rewards. Take a look at these options and build up rewards along the way.
Credit Cards and Rewards Points
Do you want to be paid just for buying the things you normally otherwise already buy? Then you need to have the right type of credit card which pays you back. Many claim to do this, but not all cards are created equal. An example of a great card that offers healthy paybacks is the Canadian Reward Credit Cards. You would be wise to check it out.
Best Hotel Rewards Credit Card
If you travel often, the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card is a must. You build points at a rate of 6 points per $1 spent at Hilton hotels, plus you get bonus points every time you stay at a Hilton hotel. Hotel stays usually run about $30,000 points, but you get there pretty quickly with the 6X points multiplier and if you’re traveling for business.
- 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points (after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 4 months)
- No annual fees
- Automatic HHonors Silver status
Best Airline Miles Credit Card
- 50,000 AA bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases in first 4 months (good for two free flights)
- $150 Statement credit for eligible American Airlines purchase in the first 12 months.
- Two (2) free admirals club passes ($100 value)
- Credit card fee waived for first year ($85 savings)
Best Overall Points Credit Card
The Chase Freedom 5% cash back is a great overall spending credit card. You accumulate 1% cash back on everything and 5% cash back on rotating categories like dining, entertainment, and retail. The points add up fast!
Best Credit Card for College Students
If you’re a college student wanting to build credit, the Citi Forward® Card for College Students is one to consider. It gives these perks:
- $100 credit towards student loans after $650 in purchases
- 5 Points on restaurant and entertainment expenses
- 0% APR for 12 months